Was it Einstein who once said “Things should be as complex as they need to be, but no more ...”?
I’m sure he would think that Dbvisit Standby hit the mark! As the solution takes a complex problem and distills it down to a reliable, cost effective, and easy to use product. It works as advertised, and the support is great!
If anyone is considering this product, give it a try, it sells itself.
Joe Lennert, Senior Software Developer— Alcatel-Lucent
Dbvisit Standby 6.0.28 released
18 April 2012
CSD has been enhanced to further handle different primary and standby database layouts. For example an ASM primary database with a non ASM standby database.
Full new feature list:
- Create standby database (CSD) through the web browser has been enhanced to provide greater stability, flexibility and robustness.
- SQL*Plus command can be run through the web browser under Run commands.
- Recreation of the standby control file functions through the dbv_functions -Q command has been extended to be able to handle ASM, OMF, regular file system and different primary and standby database layouts.
- CSD has been enhanced to further handle different primary and standby database layouts. For example an ASM primary database with a non ASM standby database.
- Added more options to find the Oracle alert log in the web interface.
- Add "AS COMPRESSED BACKUPSET" to take compressed backup of datafiles during creation of standby database (CSD), for Oracle versions 10 and higher.
Businesses in over 80 countries worldwide with Oracle® Database Standard Edition trust Dbvisit to protect and share their data.
Join a growing community of Oracle experts using Dbvisit software as the key to unlocking untapped revenue from customers and prospects.
Dbvisit provides Oracle® Database Standard Edition users with affordable disaster recovery and data replication solutions.