01-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Dbvisit Standby 6.0.16 released
6.0.16 (9 January 2012)
- New Create Standby Database (CSD) functionality which improves the overall ability to create different standby databases configurations.
CSD now makes use of the following parameters:
- Improved graceful switchover functionality. Existing controlfile is re-used for primary database and is no longer rebuild. Graceful switchover allows for more differences between primary and standby database.
- Provide silent install for dbvisit_install. This installs product with all default values accepted. Type "dbvisit_install -?" for details.
- Non existent directories on the standby server are automatically created as much as possible by Dbvisit Standby during creation of the standby database.
- Issue with adding own ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME in web interface - fixed.
- Dbvisit temp p2x-* directories not cleaned up for HP-UX and AIX - fixed.
- Improve locking mechanism in rare cases when archive log file just arrives at the standby server and is 0 size and is picked up by Dbvisit Standby on the standby server.
- Improved tracing of Dbvserver.
- Obtain ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID from registry for Windows 2008R2.
Download from http://www.dbvisit.com/products/downloads/