Dbvisit Community Dbvisit home       

Go Back   Dbvisit Community > Dbvisit General > Dbvisit pre-sales

Old 01-05-2012, 12:48 AM

Default DBVisit License

Hello,

I am interesting to by a dbvisit license (dbvisit standby, I guess) but I am not sure of which product I have to buy.

I want to create a standby database of one production database that it is in a server, I suposse that I need a single instance, not RAC but You have a lot of dbvisit product: standard (DS1,DS) enterprise (DE,DX). I am not sure what means "number of occupied sockets" is that the number of place to put the core?

I see that I have use DBvisit 30 days free, once the 30 days have expired and If I buy a license Should I to unistall and reinstall again? Id unistall is not needed how do I have to do? replace some file in the installation?

Thank you
Old 01-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Dbvisit Team

Sure no problem.

The license type required (DS1, DS, DE or DX) simply relates to the number of physical CPUs in your primary server.

up to 2 CPUs = DS1
up to 4 CPUs = DS
up to 6 CPUs = DE
greater than 6 CPUs = DX

Please note that we do not count CPU cores, only Physical CPUs. Whether the CPU has 1,2,4 or 16 cores make no difference to our license.

When you purchase a license, re installation is not required. You simply run a license command on the server with the license key.

I hope this answers your questions.