|Functionality||Dbvisit Standby||Data Guard|
|Works with Microsoft Windows, UNIX and Linux, 32bit and 64bit|
|Supports Oracle versions 8i to 12c, both 32 bit and 64 bit|
|Supports Oracle RAC, flash recovery area, OMF and ASM file systems|
|Automatic Graceful switchover (role reversal)|
|Automatic notification alerting via email|
|Automated management and monitoring of Oracle logs on both primary and standby server|
|Simple failover to activate standby database in case of disaster|
|Encryption and compression as standard|
|Creation of Standby database|
|Automatically replicates all changes including new tablespaces, datafiles, tables and columns|
Thanks for your assistance and your good product. We took our first Summit Canada data centre client live the first weekend in February with two standby servers. The latest patch supporting the ability to automatically process the archive log on the standby server is brilliant. I always like less maintenance and fewer things to go wrong. Keep up the good work.
Mark Weeden, Senior Software Developer/Oracle DBA, OCP— Fiserv
Smart Alternative to Oracle Data Guard
Dbvisit Standby is trusted in over 110 countries to protect your data from hardware and logical failures, natural disasters, human error and outages. It is the smart alternative to Oracle Enterprise Edition (EE) and Data Guard because it enables you to cost-effectively protect your critical data infrastructure and get more out of your existing investment in Oracle® Database Standard Edition (SE) and Standard Edition One (SE1) software.
Reasons to consider Dbvisit Standby with SE or SE1 versus EE and Oracle Data Guard:
- Works with Microsoft Windows, UNIX and Linux, 32 bit and 64 bit
- Supports Oracle versions 8i to 12c, both 32 bit and 64 bit
- Provides automatic graceful switchover (role reversal)
- Offers automatic continuation without intervention of DBA
- Allows automatic notification alerting via email
- Includes automated management and monitoring of Oracle archive logs on both primary and standby server
- Includes simple failover to activate standby database in case of disaster
- Offers a maximum performance mode
- Has encryption and compression as standard
- Allows multiple standby databases each with their own schedule
- Provides switch over for planned maintenance and upgrades
- Creates the Standby database automatically
- Protects from database corruption being replicated
- Automatically replicates all changes including new tablespaces, datafiles, tables and columns
- Supports RAC (RAC is a free option with Oracle SE, whereas RAC is an additional priced option with EE)
Still Not Sure?
Register to listen to one of our recorded webinars discussing why SE should still be an option to consider.
Download our free whitepaper "Using Physical Replication and Oracle Database Standard Edition for Disaster Recovery".
Read our customer case study to see why Wim Bosman chose SE and Dbvisit Standby over Oracle EE and Data Guard.
Talk with us now to hear how other organizations in similar industries with similar challenges have successfully made the move to Standard Edition and Standard Edition 1.
Businesses in over 110 countries worldwide with Oracle® Database Standard Edition trust Dbvisit to protect and share their data.
Join a growing community of Oracle experts using Dbvisit software as the key to unlocking untapped revenue from customers and prospects.
Dbvisit provides Oracle® Database Standard Edition users with affordable disaster recovery and data replication solutions.